AWARD: Bachelor of Music (Music Theatre)
Graduate with the ear of a musician and the imagination of an actor:
You'll also have the vision of a director and the grit of a producer
Your Bachelor of Music (Music Theatre) will speak volumes:
- Develop your vocal, acting and dancing abilities and learn how to coordinate and combine them in performance
- Create, produce and perform devised work
- Amplify your vocal performance through individual voice lessons and group master classes
- Acquire deeper understanding of music, music performance processes and contexts
- Advance your performance skills in our purpose-built learning and performance spaces
- Be mentored by high-calibre professional practitioners in a supportive, creative environment
- Build your creative networks and collaborate across genres
- Graduate with a performance portfolio drawing on the multiple performance opportunities on and off the AIM campus.
Download our Program Guide for course structure and subject details.
Major study: Practical skill development & performance across singing, acting, dancing and creating
Theoretical studies & aural: Get a grip on music theory and history, and learn to contextualise and critique in areas of special interest
Ensemble: Develop the art of group singing, culminating each year in a major AIM musical
Associated studies & electives: Sharpen your focus or explore more
Elective units give you space to explore and shape your experience during the third year of your degree. You may choose to continue with Acting and Dance units, or go broader across composition, production, management, media and tech subjects from any of AIM’s major study streams.
Popular examples include:
- Directing for Stage
- Intro to Arts & Entertainment Management
- Live Sound